While our lab team is preparing a more sophisticated network model for NFL predictions than last year's model, I thought I would go ahead and make Week Two predictions using last year's method.
Since this is based on a learning algorithm and we only have one week of data for the current season, there is no expectations that the predictions below will be correct. Last year's Week 2 predictions were only about 32% correct. Let's see if this year does any better using the same method.
So here goes - (The % indicated after each game represents the crowd-sourced prediction from nfl.com as of this afternoon):
- DEN over KC (but just barely) - 42% agreement
- CAR over HOU - 68% agreement
- SF over PIT - 26% agreement
- NO over TB - 95% agreement
- DET over MN - 69% agreement
- ARI over CHI - 82% agreement
- BUF over NE (but counterintuitive) - 38% agreement
- CIN over SD - 60% agreement
- TEN over CLE - 83% agreement
- ATL over NYG - 54% agreement
- STL over WAS - 92% agreement
- MIA over JAX - 95% agreement
- BAL over OAK - 92% agreement
- DAL over PHI (but just barely) - 42% agreement
- GB over SEA (but close) - 77% agreement
- NYJ over IN - 17% agreement
Games to Watch: DEN @ KC, DAL @ PHI and SEA @ GB.