- Each of you will have night and weekend access to Olmsted Hall and to my office/lab. To get into the building after hours, you will need to call security and wait for them to unlock the building. The keycode for my office door is ____________. The room is OH 301.
- If you wish to use one of the iMacs for your project, we will set up accounts for you on each of the machines. Please only use your account or the “guest” account. You may use the machines for other purposes, though lab work takes priority. THERE IS NO PRINTER ACCESS.
- You are welcome to use the lab for your other work as well, understanding that priority goes to lab work first.
- Please be considerate of others in the lab. If you wish to listen to music, for instance, and are not alone, wear headphones.
- You are welcome to bring one, and only one, friend with you (other than a lab worker) to study in the lab, provided that space is available. Remember that you are responsible for the actions of the person you bring.
- You are welcome to use my desk, though I have priority over it.
- Clutter really bothers me. So, PLEASE pick up after yourself. If you are the last to leave, please make sure that all chairs are pushed in, garbage is thrown out, windows are closed, etc. The lights will take care of themselves.
- Do not erase anything that you did not put on the white boards. Additionally, please erase anything that you add that you will not need later. You can section off space on the white boards and add your initials to that section, if you plan to return later to work on stuff. (Remember that you can take a photo of the board to save any information you wish.)
- Anything in the top drawer of the filing cabinet beneath the white board is free for your consumption. However, anything you leave in there may be consumed by anyone else. (The filing cabinet on my desk is OFF LIMITS.)
- NO FRIED FOOD … EVER.
- Jacob Green is the lab manager. What he says goes, unless Doc say something different in which case what Doc say goes.
Friday, September 25, 2015
ADDED PERKS OF BEING AN INTERN
There are added advantages of being an intern in the CSML. These are couched in the rules (or constraints) under which the lab operates. They are worth posting here to help others understand the "climate" of the lab.